Polk County's History Center is looking for greeters with a positive and welcoming attitude to provide general answers as residents and tourists visit.
What was once the Polk County Courthouse now serves as the History Center and houses the historical museum and library. The museum serves Polk's community through educational programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities. The museum's exhibits and programs continue to grow and change and there is always something new to discover. The museum collection includes natural and cultural objects related to Polk and the greater Central Florida area that represent our history from pre-Columbian to present day eras. The artifacts on display at the museum represent individuals, cultural groups, and events significant to the region.
Main Assignment Responsibilities
- Provide an overview of the exhibits on display
- Offer a summary of upcoming programs
- Answer phones as needed
- Promote visits to other historical venues and attractions
- Assist with special events
- The Polk County History Center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
- Scheduling will be discussed at the time of the interview