The History Center is offering an internship for a student who will primarily assist and be overseen by the Curator of Education in his or her daily duties regarding tours, arts and family programs, and grant writing and administration.
What was once the Polk County Courthouse now serves as the History Center and houses the historical museum and library. The museum serves Polk's community through educational programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities. The museum's exhibits and programs continue to grow and change and there is always something new to discover. The museum collection includes natural and cultural objects related to Polk and the greater Central Florida area that represent our history from pre-Columbian to present day eras. The artifacts on display at the museum represent individuals, cultural groups, and events significant to the region.
Main Assignment Responsibilities
- Greet visitors and provide excellent guest service
- Learn and conduct scripted tours
- Develop and implement arts and history family programs
- Assist with program development and implementation
- Assist with grant writing and grant administration duties
- Assist in set up and break down for programs and activities
- Administration assistance on volunteer schedule and hourly reporting
- Assist in volunteer training
- Other duties will be assigned depending on the intern's interests and skills
- Performs related duties as required
- The Polk County History Center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
- This assignment is specifically seeking availability of 20-32 hours per week for one semester
- Scheduling will be discussed at the time of the interview