Polk County Fire Rescue's Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program is a national program of volunteers trained in disaster preparedness and emergency response. Volunteers come from all ages and all walks of life, including teenagers like you! Through Teen CERT, you can serve your community and help take care of your school and home.
Polk County Fire Rescue provides Advanced Life Support transport to all residents and visitors of Polk County. It also provides fire suppression, rescue services and fire prevention services to all of unincorporated Polk County and the municipalities of Eagle Lake, Polk City, Mulberry, Lake Hamilton and Hillcrest Heights.
Main Assignment Responsibilities
- Organize volunteers
- Help with evacuations
- Offer assistance to survivors
- Provide damage assessment information
- Assist in shelter support
- Crowd control
- Participate in disaster drills and exercises
- Present fire safety education
- Preparedness outreach
- Peer mentoring
- Address safety issues
- Polk County Fire Rescue is open Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
- Scheduling will be discussed at the time of the interview