Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels has always been about more than a daily food delivery. Our clients rely on their daily visit for a bit of conversation and a smiling face. And we at YMOW rely on those face-to-face interactions as reassurance of the client’s well-being As a Friendly Caller, you provide a weekly call and wellness check for YMOW clients who are feeling isolated. After each call, you will complete a survey of questions gauging each client's physical and emotional well-being. You also will assess their needs for food, medicine, non-food essentials and additional support.
- Call and connect with clients weekly, monthly, or bimonthly. Commit to a consistent day and time for each client to be called
- Fill out online survey after each call
- Report service hours via Volunteer Information Center
- Maintain client confidential information
- Contact appropriate YMOW staff person with follow up needs for each client
- Be alert for changes in recipients’ condition and/or emergency situations and report to the appropriate staff
- Provide excellent customer service, which includes being cordial and attentive to the individual needs of each client
- Work as a cooperative team member!